Jeff Long, Director of Public WorksThe Public Works Department is responsible for the maintenance, operation, and improvement of the public infrastructure of the City of Streator. This shall include, but is not necessarily limited to the goals and objectives listed below.
- Maintain public roadways and alleys, including seasonal snow and ice removal operations.
- Maintain traffic signals, signs, and non-franchised street lights.
- Maintain sanitary and storm water sewerage collection systems.
- Assure compliance with EPA statutes and regulations.
- Maintain park system and other public grounds and buildings.
- Maintain City's fleet of automobiles and construction equipment.
- Develop annual and multi-year street improvement program. Prepare or direct the preparation of plans, specifications, estimates, and contract documents. Provide construction inspection and documentation for all roadway improvements.
- Coordinate major sewer projects with Illinois EPA qualified consultants.
- Administer City's annual Motor Fuel Tax (MFT) maintenance and construction program for City streets. Assure compliance with Project Procedures Guide (IDOT); utilize TARP and STU funds as opportunities arise.
- Monitor operations and performance of Waste Water Treatment Plant and contract operator. Review and approve major capital and maintenance expenditures and prepare annual budget.
- Prepare annual Public Works Budget and multi-year capital equipment procurement program.
- Provide traffic control and other assistance required for staging special community events.
- Property maintenance code enforcement issues can be reported to City Hall by calling 815-672-2517 or by email: [email protected]
- Animal control issues can be reported to City Hall by calling 815-672-2517 or by email: [email protected]
Parks/ Recreation (Coming Soon)
Helpful Links and Information:
Find us on Facebook
Citizen Request Form
Commonwealth Edison link for directly reporting streetlight outages
Property Maintenance Code Violations (PDF)
Public Works FAQ's