The City of Streator’s Engineering Department is made up of the City Engineer, Jeremy Palm, P.E. and the Engineering Technician, Jeff Long. The department provides full service engineering services for the City ranging from project planning, project design, construction supervision, and consultant oversight on larger projects. Annually the department is responsible for the design and oversight of the City’s general revenue and MFT roadway programs, small scale sewer improvements, required engineering studies, and City map updating.
2014 General Revenue Roadway Project
- Construction work on the project along W. Lincoln Avenue (200-500 block), S. Monroe Street (700-800 block), and Lowden Road (900-1200 block) is scheduled to begin in May 2014.
2014 MFT Roadway Project
- Construction work along E. Broadway Street (1000-1300 block) began in April 2014 and is schedule to be complete by July 2014.
Marilla Park Bridge Replacement Project
- Final design for a project to replace the entrance bridge at Marilla Park was submitted to IDOT for approval in April 2014. Following approval of design the project will be put out to bid with construction scheduled to begin in summer 2014.
Wastewater Treatment Plant Equipment Upgrade Project
- A bid opening was held for the project in April 2014. Pending IEPA approval of the project bids construction on the project will begin in summer 2014.
Streator Industrial Park Storm Sewer Project
- A project to install a storm sewer from the existing storm water detention facility east of Vactor to the Vermilion River is currently under contract. The project will be completed in spring 2014.
City Park Fountain Project
- The existing cast-iron fountain has been removed and sent to a foundry for re-casting. The new fountain is scheduled to be delivered during summer 2014 prior to which a renovated concrete bowl and plaza will be constructed to compliment the new fountain.
City Park Electrical System Project
- A project to replace the existing outdoor electrical panels in City Park is currently under contract. The project will be completed in summer 2014.
Coal Run Creek Interceptor Basin Project
- Planning for a project to separate the combined sewer system in the Coal Run Creek Interceptor basin has been completed. A preliminary design evaluation report has been completed for the project and will be used as the basis for the design scheduled to begin in May 2014. Following completion of the design the project is expected to begin construction in 2017.
2013 General Revenue Roadway Project
- The 2013 general fund construction project was completed in fall 2013 on E. LaRue Street (500-700 block), N. Sterling Street (700 block), N. Jefferson Street (700 block), and W. Washington Street (100-200 block).
2013 MFT / Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Roadway Project
- The 2013 MFT/TIF Roadway Project was completed in fall 2013 along E. Morrell Street (100-700 block), S. Vermilion Street (100 block), N. Vermilion Street (100-300 clock), S. Monroe Street (100 block), and E. Elm Street (100 block).
Sewer Capacity Upgrade Project
- Final design for a project to construct new sanitary sewer lines and line existing sewers at 5 locations within the City was submitted to IEPA for permit in April 2014. The intent of the project is to alleviate capacity and infiltration issues within the sewer system. Following approval of design an IEPA low interest loan application will be submitted for the project in 2014 with construction projected in 2015 pending funding.
Prafke Storm Sewer and Detention Pond Project
- Final design will be submitted to IEPA in May 2014. Following approval of design an IEPA low interest loan application will be submitted for the project in fall 2014 with construction projected in 2015 pending funding.
5 Year Program Estimates
City Park Fountain 1
City Park Fountain 2
City Park Band Shell 1
City Park Band Shell 2
City Park Band Shell 3
City Park Parking Lot 1
City Park Parking Lot 2
South Otter Creek St. 1
South Otter Creek St. 2
PDF Downloads for Projects Out to Bid
Helpful Links and Information
» Planning Page
» Map Page / GIS Page
» Document Download Page
» Municipal Code
» FEMA Map Center
» Corps of Engineers